Insomnia volunteers are key to pulling this festival off each year. From poster distribution, tabling and promo in the city, ticket sales, production, cleaning, driving, tending artists, hugs, and more, there’s space for everybody on the team, and we need your skills!
NOTE: Due to liquor licensing, Insomnia volunteers MUST be 18 years or older, no exceptions.
What can I do?
- Postering & Promo: Are you a secret legend with a tape-gun? Do you have a deep love for Insomnia and enthusiasm to share? Help spread the word as part of our promo team at UIT or at events in town!
- Clean-up Patrol: Walk around the festival area and make sure it looks great for the guests. Clear empty plastic cups, restock toilet paper, whatever’s needed to keep the festival space festive. Bonus, you’ll the see performances as you work!
- Artist Contact: Be the personal connection between the festival and the artist while they’re in town, from sharing tips, advice or directions about Tromsø, or passing along schedule updates.
- Backstage: Help create a warm atmosphere for our artists in the backstage area. Bar and/or artist contact experience is a plus.
- Runner: When somebody needs something – we need you! Runners are resourceful, reliable, and able to step into any role where we need you. Your shifts will likely be from 26 – 29 Oct. Driver’s license is highly beneficial.
- Driver: Winding your way through the streets of Tromsø, we need your help to make sure that the right people are at the right place at the right time. Drivers are largely required from 26 – 29 Oct.
- Pre- or Post-Fest Patrol: We need efficient and self-reliant people to help set up and take down around the festival venues. Ideal for those who are available before (24-26 Oct) and/or after the festival (all day 29 Oct).
- Tickets/Sales/Accreditation: Help the crowd flow smoothly through the gates as you welcome guests, sell tickets and distribute wrist bands. Or, help our artists by looking after sales at the Merchandise table. Shifts will be during the festival, 26 – 29 Oct.
What’s in it for me?
Two shifts of your time (~14hrs) gets you a into our Kick-Off Party (13 October) free of charge, a full-weekend Insomnia Festival pass, free food during your shifts and this year’s festival t-shirt! Plus, you’ll get a very special invitation to our volunteer party on Sunday 29 October with Insomnia’s very own DJs providing the beats. You get the opportunity to build your skills and experience while getting to know other folks with fantastic taste in music right here in Tromsø.
Most importantly, though, you officially become a part of our loving Insomnia family.